The Complete Guide to Property Development for the Small Investor covers every stage of property development. Including both practical 'how-to' advice and important guidance on making a profit from property.This new edition constitutes an essential handbook that is both comprehensive and
user-friendly. Containing practical checklists and extensive details on useful addresses and websites, the book also provides updates on essential legislative changes that will have an impact on both new and experienced developers.This fully revised and updated third edition includes vital new
information on: changes to tax/VAT incentives; the impact of the credit crunch on the UK property market (and the potential opportunities if offers); the rise and fall (and potential rise again) of the buy-to-let market; and the latest rules and regulations affecting both landlords and tenants.
Sound financial stability assessments necessitate intensive analysis of different sectors, namely, the household sector, the corporate sector, the real estate sector, the government sector, and the non-bank financial sector.
This volume provides a complete analysis and risk assessment of each of these sectors which make up the subtle and intricate fabric which contribute to financial stability. The book considers:
• Micro-prudential and macro-prudential regulations and how they constitute core ingredients to ensure a sound and smooth functioning financial system.
• The role of household debt as a coveted economic indicator of the building up of financial instability pressures.
• The relation of the real estate sector to the prevalence of financial crises through asset price bubbles.
• The role of the corporate sector in financial stability risk analysis. In particular, the balance sheets of the corporate sector are widely examined to uncover feasible risks to financial stability.
• The role of the government sector, with particular emphasis being laid on public debt management.
This book will prove valuable to central bankers, economists, and policy-makers who are involved in the field of financial stability, as well as researchers studying the field.