Build modern, scalable, and cloud-ready single-page applications using ASP.NET Core, React, TypeScript, and Azure
- Explore the full potential and latest features of .NET Core 3.0, TypeScript 3, and React
- Learn how to manage data, application design, and packaging, and secure your web apps
- Discover best practices for using React and TypeScript to build a scalable frontend that interacts with REST APIs
at each layer.
This book will start by taking you through React and TypeScript components to build an intuitive single-page application. You'll understand how to design scalable REST APIs that can integrate with a React-based frontend. You'll get to grips with the latest features, popular patterns, and tools
available in the React ecosystem, including function-based components, React Router, and Redux.
The book shows how you can use TypeScript along with React to make the frontend robust and maintainable. You'll then cover important .NET Core features such as API controllers, attribute routing, and model binding to help you build a sturdy backend. Additionally, you'll explore API security with
ASP.NET Core identity and authorization policies, and write reliable unit tests using both .NET Core and React before you deploy your app to the Azure cloud.
What you will learn
- Build RESTful APIs with .NET Core using API controllers
- Create strongly typed, interactive, and function-based React components using Hooks
- Build forms efficiently using reusable React components
- Perform client-side state management with Redux and the React Context API
- Secure REST APIs with ASP.NET identity and authorization policies
- Run a range of automated tests on the frontend and backend
- Implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) processes into Azure using Azure DevOps
Who this book is for
If you're a web developer looking to build solid full-stack web applications with .NET Core and React, this book is for you. Although this book does not assume any knowledge of React, you're expected to have a basic understanding of .NET Core.
Become a full-stack developer by learning popular Microsoft technologies and platforms such as .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, and Azure
- Bring static typing to web development with features compatible in TypeScript 3
- Implement a slim marketplace single page application (SPA) in Angular, React, and Vue
- Modernize your web apps with Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio, and Git
Today, full-stack development is the name of the game. Developers who can build complete solutions, including both backend and frontend products, are in great demand in the industry, hence being able to do so a desirable skill. However, embarking on the path to becoming a modern full-stack developer
can be overwhelmingly difficult, so the key purpose of this book is to simplify and ease the process.
This comprehensive guide will take you through the journey of becoming a full-stack developer in the realm of the web and .NET. It begins by implementing data-oriented RESTful APIs, leveraging ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework. Afterward, it describes the web development field, including its history
and future horizons. Then, you'll build webbased Single-Page Applications (SPAs) by learning about numerous popular technologies, namely TypeScript, Angular, React, and Vue. After that, you'll learn about additional related concerns involving deployment, hosting, and monitoring by leveraging the
cloud; specifically, Azure.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build, deploy, and monitor cloud-based, data-oriented, RESTful APIs, as well as modern web apps, using the most popular frameworks and technologies.
What you will learn
- Build RESTful APIs in C# with ASP.NET Core, web APIs, and Entity Framework
- See the history and future horizons of the web development field
- Bring static-typing to web apps using TypeScript
- Build web applications using Angular, React, and Vue
- Deploy your application to the cloud
- Write web applications that scale, can adapt to changes, and are easy to maintain
- Discover best practices and real-world tips and tricks
- Secure your backend server with Authentication and Authorization using OAuth 2.0
Who this book is for
This book targets novice developers in the realm of Web development and ASP.NET who desire to advance to modern Web and ASP.NET Core development and leverage the Cloud to manage and bring everything together.